Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so how far wold people be willing to travel for an XMAS meet, a few beers a meal and some good banter... I mean a proper meet in a nice setting where we can all sit down in the warm and have some fun... Possibly with a cheap travelodge nearby so we can all get really drunk. :)

This could be the first annual MX6 XMAS piss up.

I'd be willing to travel around 100-150 miles if enough people were willing to come and make it worthwhile.

I'd like to suggest some where central that's roughly within 100-150 miles of people and looking at the map and knowing roughly where a few of you are... I think the most central location would be south of Birmingham... That would include Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Coventry.

Average price of a travelodge has to be around £40-45 for a night... if people want to share that could work out to £10-20 each.

As for when, how does early Dec sound? Still leaves plenty of time to organise it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm up for that. Could do Birmingham no probs, maybe somewhere to the south for traffic purposes. If it's in the general area then that's not a problem.
December is very busy for me though :( I don't have exact dates for much either, I just know i'm gonna have things to do, but I don't know when.
So provided i'm lucky with the date, should be a yes.
Nice idea.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Can I let it be known now, that I will NOT be sharing any rooms with anyone.

As for a meet, I just need lights and a service.....

oh.. and some £££

but I'm up for it as long as it isn't TOO far...

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
The nearer Birmingham the better for me but im in. I will be able to show you lot the bits n bobs ive been doing recently to the 6 - get some feedback, and then get pissed as a fart.

Ben.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How doe Warwick sound... plenty of nice places, very easy access from the M40. Plenty of pubs... Could probably find a decent travelodge with restaraunt attached and large car park so we wouldn't need to trawl around.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Warwick - not a bad place actually as long as you lock your car up tighter than a ducks bum!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Parallex said:
Warwick - not a bad place actually as long as you lock your car up tighter than a ducks bum!
hmmmm how tight is a ducks bum? just so i know what locks to bring!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
sorry ive been gone guys, i am definately down to go to birmingham... news since ive not been on...>>>> i got ANOTHER j-spec!!! but its auto, so no mods at all... just a daily driver... will be posting pics up soon.... -justin

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Unfortunately I am going to have to cry off this one (no spare cash & no spare time)

However I look forward to seeing the pictures ......

ifc

·
Registered
822 Posts
i would love to come, but due to my operation being more serious than was originally planned, i cant drive for some time yet.... mind you got to master walking first! but have a great time and think of me..... in a totally non preverse way please, well ..... maybe just alittle!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been spending a lot of money recently and was off work last week ill... I don't get a penny when I'm ill. So it's unlikely I'll be able to attend either now. I just can't afford the hotel on top of food and drink and all those j-spec parts, powder coated rockers covers and ignition leads I'm spending money on this month.

However, if people would like still like to take a trip to Milton Keynes one Sat or Sun in early Dec, then I know a couple of reasonable and cheap places to eat... and some nice places for a photoshoot. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts