Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought one of this coilover for the probe, it was listed for 93-97gt, why not.

the install on the 1st gen went smoothly. using 1st gen strut top hat.
front strut

back strut

back strut installed

front strut complete

complete

havent put the car back on ground yet, still waiting for the na clutch slave cylinder, i swap all gt tranny/axle/spindle.linkage for lx/gl parts. need to replace slave cylinder and the car will be on all 4 wheel

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good Phil. Are you trying to make your car look like mine,lol.
yes, isaac.. Im trying really hard,lol.. just trying to get a better adjustable suspension for the price. I saw your stance with the ksport.. so i bought the yonaka.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I was going to go with these on mine when i was hard in the build. when i was doing research on them i saw some hondas running 10s with them.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Good job. We have been running the Yonaka coilovers on my brothers car for over 2 years now and they still work great. They aren't the most comfortable, but they do improve handling a whole lot.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anymore update or feedback on these yonaka?
The car rides great, no bounce , a little harch at times but overall great investment

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yes you use the stock upper strut mounts and bearings.
Keep in mind the Automatic front strut mounts and bearings are different than 5speed and might not work. the good news for automatic drivers is that Gabriel upper front mounts are on closeout sale at Rockauto for $5.81 US each.
The rear strut mounts are the same on auto and 5speed models without 4 wheel steering (useless innovation).

A much better question to ask Ademan is why in hell did he swap the GT transmission and parts for LX/GL .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys . My name is Kriss and I'm from Poland. from longer vzasu I am looking for coilovers up to 626 gd. did I understand correctly that I was able to mount a set with mx6 mk2 (93-97) to gd (probe mk1)?

·
Registered
1989 Mazda MX-6 LX
1 Posts
Probably a dead topic, but aren't 2nd gen coils not supposed to work on 1st gen in the rear? I'm really trying to find coilovers for me 1ga

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably a dead topic, but aren't 2nd gen coils not supposed to work on 1st gen in the rear? I'm really trying to find coilovers for me 1ga
Hi guys . My name is Kriss and I'm from Poland. from longer vzasu I am looking for coilovers up to 626 gd. did I understand correctly that I was able to mount a set with mx6 mk2 (93-97) to gd (probe mk1)?
Apparently you just have to grind off around 2mm from the inside of the rear struts (if using 2nd gen struts). Also read that the Yonaka coilovers have super good ride quality compared to K-sports/D2s etc. - which are way more expensive.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It works, just put a 32mm socket in between the space and wack it once to spread it out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts