Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 93' Mx6 has really bit the dust it eats oil like crazy, and just ALOT of other things that a wrong with it.
Well I know the owner of my performance shop and he is Saleing his 94' Interga GS-R. Here is the mods
:
Iceman coldair
DCsports Header
Some high-flow cat
Greddy Sport Exhaust
Bullfrog cams
wings west ground kit
momo 17"
eibach
koni sturts and shocks
and slotted rotors
I think i'm going to take it for $8000

I have not drivin it yet
WIth these mods how fast do you think he is??
I don't want to buy something slow and this is in my price range, i can't find another 6 close buy and this car has won many show tell me what you all think!
Sorry guys!

·
Registered
511 Posts
if the mileage is good (low) it sounds like a pretty good price. just make sure all the stickers are taken off :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you have $8000 to spend on an Acura, why not spend it on your 6? Surely 8k would set it up sweet! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i would buy another 6 but there is none around here and my mom is giong to pay the insurance and she says she will not let me buy another one because all of the problems mine had. (hey i'm only a senior in high school) so I thought this was a good deal. Plus i have heard these things take mods really well. There is a guy named Jason that just had a ZE put it his Probe and he said this Interga beat him buy 1/2 car lenght. Plus its the nicest interga i have ever seen. Not 1 rice sticker on the car. the only thing that says something is the DC sport lincenes plate cover when i buy it i'll post pics, i'm also going to find out what it ran in the 1/4. I have had people tell me it ran high 14s so that would be sweet. and that was before the cat. so i'll keep it posted!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
so what are you gonna do with your 6?

tell me about it. engine/tranny, exactly what problems it has, etc...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I say go for it. I can't give you any numbers, but it'll be plenty fast. You'll enjoy it, and as long as it hasn't been abused, it should last forever. Just be prepared to see yourself at every intersection.

PS. This should be posted in the lounge, or "other cars" section. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Car is a 1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 5-spd, silver, i think one of the engine mounts/tanny mount might be going out. The engine runs Perfect (thats why i hate to get rid of it) the clutch is only one year old it has a brand new timming blet, destbuitor( i don't know how to spell), water pump, seal around the oil fiter, KN air filter, bosch platium 4s. 136.000 miles

It is for sale if any one is itersested.

I'm needing at the least$3500

and i Live in Lexington Ky

·
Registered
332 Posts
Buy a first gen MX6 GT. You should be able to find a good one for well under 4K and then the other 4K will make it one of the fasted imports in you area.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Mazx6 said:
My Car is a 1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 5-spd, silver, i think one of the engine mounts/tanny mount might be going out. The engine runs Perfect (thats why i hate to get rid of it) the clutch is only one year old it has a brand new timming blet, destbuitor( i don't know how to spell), water pump, seal around the oil fiter, KN air filter, bosch platium 4s. 136.000 miles

It is for sale if any one is itersested.

I'm needing at the least$3500

and i Live in Lexington Ky
if its leaking or burning oil, you have a bad engine. putting you in "rough" condition.

your car is only worth $1400... do an appraisal..

i would offer $1500 but im afraid you would refuse.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
click the link and do the appraisal yourself.

how much would you pay for a car with no engine???

·
Registered
446 Posts
I hate edmunds.com I hate kellybluebook.com They're merely a starting point, and a poor one at that. I know, I know, you've got to get your info from somewhere. The way I look at it, $2000 (liberally priced KLZE including installation) + $1500 ('93 MX-6 LS) = $3500 for a car worth at LEAST twice that. We're not talking about a beater or a cheap car (AKA Kia {or Civic for that matter}), we're talking about a damned nice car that cost mid-20K new only 8 years ago.
I just have a problem with depreciation in general. Sorry - ranting at the "D" word, not bitching at you.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
thats cool...

wait... he has a KLZE?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would check out the value of the car at www.kbb.com Retail is what a dealership would generally sell it for and trade in is what you should expect to get for a trade in. Generally a seller can't sell at the retail level because they do not fix the car for resale like a dealer does or assume responsibility for things that may go wrong. The private seller is often around the trade-in value or a little over as they don't provide dealer type warranties/services. With that said I did a trade-in value w/out knowing all the particulars and came out with $6280 and $10,110 for retail. All the mods don't really add value to the car, unless he pedals it off to an enthusiast like yourself, in fact in most cases they decrease the value. If he were to try and trade the car in they would probably deduct the cost from the trade in value to make it as close to stock again. I would also ask myself why he is selling it. Acuras are pretty nice cars and with those mods I would say you will be happy as they take better to mods than the MX-6's from what I have heard. Sounds like a nice car, but you might have some room to get the price down, it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
734 Posts
1/4 times being in the 14's... I can see that happening because there are Type R's here a mile high putting out low 16's almost stock wich is good for about 15-15.1 w/ a good driver at your altitude. BE CAREFUL THOUGH!!! I heard they are a B!TCH to learn the "quarks" of the clutch. Sounds like a decent car...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, i just saw his time slip he ran a 14.9 with all his mods with a stock clutch. he has a ACT in it right now. And don't know about type Rs running that slow here they are hitting high 14s low 15s all the time stock. The guy that owns this car is a GREAT driver he won the "car wars" at our drag strip and he drove this one guys type R and it hit a 14.7.

G

·
0 Posts
Don't buy a GSR... you'll regret it. Those things lack the low end power for everyday driving. You'll hate having to downshift and floor it in VTEC just to pass a Geo Tracker on the Interstate. Or having to to hit VTEC when the light turns green just to keep up with regualr traffic. Unless you race all the time non stop then VTEC engines are worthless. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys i went and test drove it. Its pretty damn quick. I cant really tell how much faster it is than my 6 but yes it is faster. I don't think i'm going to get it. I found this 1998 5-spd fully loaded 240sx today with 60,000 miles on it and it has light front damage to the front and i found a place that will give me all the replacement part that are acutally Silvia S15 parts. the hood, fenders bumper from either VIS racing or C-west aero bumper, and the Famous Silvia S15 headligths for about arond $2000. I think i'm going to go with the 240, not many people have them. and the kind look like our 6, and its rear wheel drive to! hehe

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah i would take the 240 over the GSR in a heartbeat...

how much they want for it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts