Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've wrestled with this damn foglight for days.. those friggin screws are ciezed like a bitch, an I gotta change the bulb.. anybody have suggestions? I've tried taking the whole assembly out, the driver's side was no problem, but the a/c hoses are in the way on the passenger side... help appreciated..

·
Registered
120 Posts
i had the exact same problems. so frustrating for something that seemed so simple. all i wanted to do was change the fogs lights, and it took so long! hehe. anyways, i ended up having to use vice-grips, and it stripped the screws, so I just put new ones on.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heheh, alright... thanks guys..

..btw, JPMX6GT, I did it your way on the driver's side, but for the passenger side there's all kinds of hoses in the way of one of the screws, and the other screw is done cuz it turns the whole thing, not just the nut... oh well... guess I'll just mess with the visegrips again...

·
Registered
131 Posts
ugh

I got so frustrated doing this, I finaly took the whole unit out, and threw it across the yard I was so frustrated. :)

alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
aholm: HAHAH damn, i felt that way too. something so simple, turned out to be such a pain!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Those things are such a pain in the ass to remove. I used a electric router tool and cut the head of the screws off and then used pliers to pulled it out, and drilled bigger holes for the new screw - that is for the new non rustable PLASTIC screws. ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, now THAT's an idea!! i think i've musted up enough patience to try it again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts