Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this properly belongs in the Forum, but I hardly ever go there and I hardly know anyone there.

Anyway, lost something precious today. My middle son, Scott Andrew Cavanagh, heading in to work at 5:00 am, found a patch of ice on a ramp from the Linc onto the 403, backed off the road, rolled and died instantly.

An eager student of mechanics since (literally) he was in diapers, he grew to a mechanical genius, a champion bike rider and all around great son as well as a friend, confidante, muse and inspiration. He will be missed, not only by parents and brothers, but by all those whose lives he touched.

February 17, 1981 -- November 26, 2005, a life lived to the fullest.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Sorry to hear of the tragic news Kirk. My deepest condolences go out to all of your family. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to lose one of your own children. Keep your head up, family will get you through it all.

-Tyler

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm at a lack of anything to say. I can't say that I know how you feel, but I can try.

I'm very, very sorry to hear about this. My sincerest condolences go out to you, my friend. Losing anyone is never an easy thing, but your own kin.. I'm sorry. I can't think of anything else to say.

My heart goes out to you, and all the karma in the world.

The best of luck to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Our thoughts are with you and your family

If you ever need to talk about it, then the MX6 community is always here for you.

Craig...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Such a shame Kirk. Sorry to hear it, best of wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Children are supposed to bury their parents, not the other way around. Deeply sorry even though I have no idea what itd be like to lose a child. Ive lost my grandmother and step-grandfather, but thats not even close to losing a son.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this Kirk. My prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
Kirk, I'm not the best when it comes to people no longer being with us, but I'm very sorry for your loss. If there's anything I can do to help you out in this hard time, let me know.

-Matt-

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Kirk,
also from this side of the water i wish u and your family all the strength in the world to try to learn to live with this loss.
if u want to "talk" we're here.

-Frank

1 - 20 of 57 Posts