Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat. night my friend and I went out to where everyone races here and decided that we wouldn't race, that we would only just watch. He has a 2.3L prelude with a 50hp at the wheels
head job done on it,Intake, exhaust, ignition system, and headers.Me, I just have a plain old stock Mx-6 with Intake, exhaust, and phaseIII clutch. Oh yeah in case your wondering
my car is faster than his in the Quarter mile. Well back to story, we were watching the races and I commented on this guys 93 5.0, I didn't think it was that fast. His only beating up on civics, 1 crx, and an Integra. I geuss his friends heard me and said something to him. He aproached with attitude and sked me what I driving. I told him a mazda and he laughed and said "Thats what I thought". He then asked what kind of mazda and I told him a Mx-6, by now he ordered me to put my car on the line. I said" WHY DUDE, YOU HAVE A GT, I HAVE A 6 CYL. I'M SO SCARED OF BEING EMBARRESED BY YOU OUT HERE, BUT LETS GO ANYWAYS". of course
I was being sarcastic as hell. I just knew I could beat him
well he cuts in line and waits for me while go to get my car. Poeple behind me are thinking that Im going to get to my car and sneak out the back. HELL NO, HERE I COME PULLING
UP TO THE LINE IN THIS BAD ASS SLAMMED TO THE GROUND GOLD MAZDA MX-6 WITH 17'S. UH-OH went the crowd and the look on his face wasn't as confident as earlier. He yells out" I'll give a car length and the move, I said " DUDE I DONT NEED IT BUT ITS YOUR FUNERAL".Well off we were,1st gear-------I
dont see you--------2nd gear--------where the hell are you at------3rd gear------I'm actually pulling more away from you-----------4th Gear--GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER
he pulls up next and says"Dude your car is pretty quick"
I told I was sorry that I didnt tell him before the I beat stock Gt's all the time.I asked to race again unhandicapped
and he declined!!! Qeustion, Is my 6 the only one that tops out at over 150mph or does my car just run harder than the rest??? compound00

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice kill man, I hope to do the same one day. My buddy has a 99 gt and stock over ours has about 100 more hp. He's putting a supercharger on and I told him 2 years from now I'll bust his ass on the strip. He may have about 500hp with that but (with more money spent) so can we. Talked with Knight turbos and he's got me a twin Garrett turbo system... once I get it and revamp the rods, pistons, stage 3 clutch assy, and fuel delivery,,, He said there'll be 500+ hp at the wheels. Now, a front wheel drive with the same wheel hp as a rear drive mustang... who do ya'll imagine will take it? This is my quest...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe

Dude there comes a time where you can have to much power.
300hp on a 6 would probably be just as eficient in a quater
mile as 500hp. what Imean by this is I have trouble getting my wheels to connect right now so just think. 500ponies at
the wheel, the stang will be shifting to second gear before
your car even starts moving if you have that much power.The
stang can always put fat meaty ass tires to get the extra
edge of having rear wheel drive. But hey, don't let me discourage you, If you can connect he'd better be ready
for an excuse on losing!!!
compound00

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok, at least this mustang story is believable. Not like past mustang stories where, "oh man i pulled 3 car lengths on him from a rolling start." See this is realistic. For all you guys out there i want you to hold on to this story and use it as a template for the next mustang story. Im not saying this one is fake, im just saying the others we have had before are just absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!

Oh yeah, nice kill man, especially since you didnt back down. You stood up for your baby, and showed that fat headed cock sucker what an attitude like that will give him. Dont you go getting a big head like him now. Enjoy your kill, and then move on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have always heard the general rule of thumb for increasing your top end speed is 5 hp per 1 mph. Top speed for our cars out of the box is about 134 give or take a mph. Of course some mods help in the bottom some at the top, so they may have different effects. A lot of our speedos are not that accurate when they go up into that range, my guess is that your speedo is lying to you. Good kill though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude I would have to say that my speedo whether correct or
incorrect has past two preludes top end both 4th and 5th
gens at the same time wrapping the night up after racing.
one was a 93, the other a 97,both topped out at 140 when I
crept away from them.when my car is doing 130,135 explain to
me why I still have pedal left. When I floor it there is an increase in speed. I'm not dumb nor am I stupid,if my car
topped topped out at 135 give or take a few mph,then I would not feel an increase in power and walk away from cars
doing 135. It's just a mathematical certainty. I messed around with a Gsr about a year ago on the freeway coming from Galveston, Tx. When we exited he followed me to the gas station and asked me WHAT ALL i had on my car because
he was doing about 135 to 140 and I was leaving him everytime we stepped on it.To be honest theres at least twenty of these stories that I can tell you that has put
my 6 at 150mph +. well don't hate I'm not saying my car
is the fastest, But I've had it for two years now and everyone that has raced me,well,I geuss there speedometers must be off too HUH!!! GUESS MY CAR JUST RUNS
HARDER THAN OTHER 6's
Compound00

G

·
I personaly have hit the speed limiter on my 2.5 and found it to be right at 135 like they say. How can you tell the rest of us that you are going over 135 without having had some changes made to the ecu? I also have a hks intake and a greddy cat back exhaust. I am running the auto trans but that does not affect the speed limiter setting over the 5-speed. There is a speed sensor at the wheel that feeds info to the ecu. The ecu controles spark and fuel as well as other things too. My point is the ecu stock does not alow the car to go past 135. That is basicly due to the limitations of the tires chosen for production. If you are not the original owner you may not know if the ecu had been reprogrammed and the speed limmiter removed or raised.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hey compound, everyone is being cool about you saying you've got an MX6 that goes 150 +. I have to say, that is hard for all of us to stomach. But no one is calling you a liar, but you are getting defensive awful quick. I also don't know about 2nd gens, but 1st gens (with turbo) are governed at like 134mph. And like one MX6er even said, maybe your ECU has been reporgrammed or something. Even if that is the case, it takes a lot to reach 150mph, even for the aerodynamic 2nd Gens.

Could be those 17" rims. Good kill though, I don't doubt you beating a 5.0

I have a couple of Mustang stories myself I'm about to post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.