Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you smart car type people,

All I did was rip out the stock intake box, and replaced with a heat shielded filter that ends up pretty close to that plastic thing that sucks in air for the stock box.. I would say that the car does seem a little bit more peppier, would you still recommend dropping to the bottom becasue some of the air is coming in from under the hood? will it make that much of a diff if I relocate the filter?

thc

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

I was thinking very much today about the following. I'm in the process for making the heat-shield. It is going to be a box basically but open in front of course with a tube going straight into the filter from the front air damn above the radiator. What I was thinking about is the following making a big hole on the right side of the filter with a tube that goes into the firewall or also right under the car. I could simply remove it and put it on.

Anthony

·
Registered
543 Posts
keeping the intake up on top of the maf will actually decrease hp once the motor gets hot. That stock unit off of the intake does not do that good of a job in terms of keeping your filter cooler. The reason an intake like a hot shot or even prm help make more power is becuase of the longer intake tube which allows the air to resonate as it goes up to the maf causing it too increase low end as well as high end hp.

as for making a box for your intake, it would have to be made out of material that would keep out hot air like this one http://www.mtco.com/~westcj/Brian/k&n.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts