Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I boght the ZE cams, and I was wondering if anyone new if there was anything else that I should have done to the car in order to reep ALL the benefits of the new cams.. Fuel pump? timing? ecu? anything? lemme know thanks in advanced..

LAtes..:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
sorry i can't answer your question

But i also have a question. Are you doing both cams, and do you know what it will do to your car... how much power will it add. Also, do you do anything besides switch them, as in adjust timing or something. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: sorry i can't answer your question

Burningcrap said:
Are you doing both cams, and do you know what it will do to your car... how much power will it add.
the KLs have 4 cams, but if your talking about both intake cams, then i would assume hes doing both. it would be pretty pointless to only do one bank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well, any of those things you mentioned would definitly help you reep some benefits. having your ecu reprogramed would surely comliment the cam upgrade. You might mention to where ever you have your comp reprogrammed that you upgraded your cams and they might beable to adjust the reprogramming even more to ad a bit more power.

·
Registered
99 Posts
sorry

I was thinking of the 4 cyl. I mean, is he doing just intake, or doing exhaust cams also, and wondering what type of gains to expect for those mods.

·
Registered
202 Posts
on the 2.5L, Yes there are 4 cams and you should go ahead and replace them all if you are going to bother. The ZE cams have been dynoed around 8 hp. Having the ECU reprogrammed doesn't help much unfortunately, but breathing mods do (intake/headers/exhaust). If you have that combination to start with, adding the cams will be a bigger gain than adding them to an otherwise stock engine. A jspec or ported and polished intake manifold would be another good idea since you have to take it off anyway, and the cams could take advantage of the better breathing.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm

Sounds like I should probably invest in some nice headers after the cams eh?
I was looking at that latest model from Hotshot.. they llok pretty good.. I'll let you all know how they are after the install in about a week and a halfs time :)

Lates...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts