Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
what's with the 65mm tb then? whata they for? cause I've seen em spoken of recently
The stock throttle bodies (both DE and ZE) are 60mm.

The 65mm to 70mm ones are custom made by various machine shops through people on the boards. Be careful as some of these will cause a poor idle on your engine.

My suggestion is to request a dark room with a flashlight behind the closed throttle body so you can see if there is a gap. Gap means you will have a higher idle which is more difficult to regulate.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock throttle bodies (both DE and ZE) are 60mm.

The 65mm to 70mm ones are custom made by various machine shops through people on the boards. Be careful as some of these will cause a poor idle on your engine.

My suggestion is to request a dark room with a flashlight behind the closed throttle body so you can see if there is a gap. Gap means you will have a higher idle which is more difficult to regulate.
I know, they idle too high stock, it's a damb nuisance! thanks again!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I believe stock idle is said to be 650-850 rpm. If your idle is higher than that, you should look at adjusting it down.

I've had several stock throttle body 6's which idled within that range perfectly.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe stock idle is said to be 650-850 rpm. If your idle is higher than that, you should look at adjusting it down.

I've had several stock throttle body 6's which idled within that range perfectly.
Thanks, I think the TB switch acts up cause It would'nt drop down with adjustment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts