Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, got my motor installed, sounds great, starts fine, but I can't fill it with antifreeze because I can't figure out where ONE thing goes. Its on the thermostat housing, that connects to the lower radiator hose, it T's off at the housing. Here is a pic.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i dont understand what your problem is? you got the thermastat housing off alright right? do u need to know what hoses T off of the radiator to go to where or what? if thats what you need, send me your email, ive got my radiator out of my car still, i can send you a pic of how the hoses hook up.

*edit*
is that small diameter pipe the thing your talking about?? idk what that is, does it look like it would hurt anything by simply capping it off or putting the KL03 thermastat housing on?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Are you sure it is a ze .. or more correctly I should be asking .. did it come from a mx6?..
I had a similar thing on the kfze that I pulled from my brothers 323..
It has a totally different coolant setup..
Just swap over the relevant parts from your old k8.. good luck…

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If we are talking about the smaller line that seems to be coming out from under the disty on the right side, I have no idea. My ZE doesn't have one of those. I would take Mr. MX6s advice and swap relevant components from your old engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No the thermostat housing is NOT off it is still connected. I should've taken the disty off so you could see better. I really don't want to just plug it, I want to know where its supposed to go.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
MX-3n6 said:
No the thermostat housing is NOT off it is still connected. I should've taken the disty off so you could see better. I really don't want to just plug it, I want to know where its supposed to go.
As I sadi, I don't think you're supposed to have one. I know my car doesn't have that. And I edo have a ZE. Perhaps it was something like Mr. MX6 said, the KFZE. Or maybe it's just a part that got replaced on the ZE from the KF. Or whatever. Just swap the housing from your old engine and be done with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't know what the motor came out of, I know its not a KFZE, because we've got one of those sitting in the garage also. :) This is the motor that JDM sent as my replacement from the original crap they sent me. I had a huge thread about it a couple months ago.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
MX-3n6 said:
I really don't know what the motor came out of, I know its not a KFZE, because we've got one of those sitting in the garage also. :) This is the motor that JDM sent as my replacement from the original crap they sent me. I had a huge thread about it a couple months ago.
I seem to remember that thread. The one where you pulled the VCs and it was caked with burnt oil? I think Im remembering the right one.

Either way, I'd just pull the thermostat housing from a KL03 and be done with it. It seems like that's a much simpler solution. I can be fairly sure you don't need that line since my car doesn't have one and has never had any ill effect due to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats the one. I finally got around to doing the motor swap and tranny swap. :) Couple of kinks to work out and car will be bawling. YAY!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Just swap the housing for the stat or plug it off . either way it is essentially the same thing…
sure it is a ZE .. got a pic or some numbers of the head and cams?..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, my first post... my first real MX6 job, too.. Yes, that's my greasy gloved hand in the pic... I typically wrench on Memphis' handful of mx-3's, (of which I own my 6th)... This car has been a bitch from the get-go... anyways... The line was ultimately capped off (fuel hose, 14mm bolt, silicone sealant, hoseclamps)... I am still curious to know what that line went to in its original japanese home..... I cant think of what else would need coolant flow.. If I had realized that the line was extra before I got the motor in (as I did on previous mx-3 ZE swaps), I would have just swapped the thermostat housing.. anyways, I'm going to go try to figure out why the vacuum solenoids arent working and fix the power steering leak and the high idle and roll this bad boy out.. we swapped from ATX to MTX in addition to the ZE.. funfun...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts