Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a very long 4 weeks it's all done so i thought i would share it with MX6.com

The beggining, wheels and bonnet off

One of the old plug leads, when the waterpmp failed the motor got hot enough to melt the plug leads to the spark plugs

Old motor out

New flywheel and engine mount inserts

ZE finally got here

This dosnt look like $1000 worth of parts but it is

Ready to go in with the DE IM

Fresh rubber for the inspection

And now it is all done i can't wait for all the problems to start but it is going strong now i had a problem getiing it to idle but thats because i didnt connect the rear vc vent up so it was sucking lots of air but i fixed that and now it's sweet ;)

Reactions: 95_Black Riider

·
Registered
505 Posts
that looks sweet mate!!! good job! you did well!
if you dont mind, could you write down a list of items & prices you got before you installed the ZE.. im looking to do the same thing around december! so any help you give me would be great =]

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
well. was it worth it??

I wish i could drive a turboed car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure what that swap cost you, but i would be for a few more hundred you coulda just boosted it and had more fun.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
did you spray the CAI black or get one black? I reckon I might spray the one I just got black to be a little more hidden.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
nice work, really well done, GL getting everything running smoothly!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that looks sweet mate!!! good job! you did well!
if you dont mind, could you write down a list of items & prices you got before you installed the ZE.. im looking to do the same thing around december! so any help you give me would be great =]
ZE = $1500
waterpump $170, plug leads $220, VC gaskets $50, timing kit $485, plugs $120, CV boots $80 and thermostat $35. This is retail price from repco, i work at repco so i got it all for $511 i get almost cost price
Headers $272
clutch flywheel and mount inserts was about $800 all up
Pheno spacers $150 but they are a waste of money my IM still gets just as hot
Probinator chip $65
Then there is stuff like motor oil, gearbox oil, filters and the CAI and all that shit

well. was it worth it??

not sure what that swap cost you, but i would be for a few more hundred you coulda just boosted it and had more fun.
the reason i can't drive a turboed car is because i am a P plater we arent allowed to drive and forced induction cars or with 8 or more cylinders and there is some 6 cylinder cars like the 350Z, M3 thats sort of stuff. If i could drive a turbo car i wouldnt own an MX6 and i don't really see the piont of a FWD turboed car anyway

did you spray the CAI black or get one black? I reckon I might spray the one I just got black to be a little more hidden.
I just sprayed the chrome pipe, just washed with metho and used heat proof paint i used on the VC it worked sweet

Thanks for the comments guys couldnt have done i without MX6.com :tup::tup::tup:

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Do you have a metal elbow for between the IM and VAF? That corrugated hose is hella lame.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The plugs are NGK iridium and they are $20 each it's bullshit i know and i couldnt get a bend tight enought to go from the TB to the VAF so i had to use that one and i know it looks shit :(

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
YOOOOOOOO120forplugsYournutz.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dam V-groove only cost me $3 bt i could have spent more the platinum ones are like $25 each

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
sweet install man. i'm hoping to get my own klze installed and running in a few weeks. my engine is sitting at scubasteve's place and just gotta find a weekend to pull the old engine and put the new sucka in.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way cf_z the clutchmaster clutch is very nice it's soooooo smooth i was expecting it to be a bit of a pig but it isnt at all but i will say i will never buy anything from RR-racing ever again, Rafi forgot to send me a clutch line but made up some bullshit excuse, i get the feeling because im in Aus he knows there isnt much i can do :mad::tdown::tdown::tdown: not very happy about it

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
rafi forgot to send your cluch line did he? I just bought one from him..... LOL! whats happened? are you getting it sent anyway just late?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts