Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, have just been told by a lad i know that my mx6 wouldnt stand a chance against his 95 scooby 2.0 turbo, i was a bit unsure thought id ask u lot wat the odds were?

mines a ze with cai, headers, full stainless and decat running on super u/ld fuel

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I doubt you'll stand any chance against a WRX

·
Registered
162 Posts
You're gonna need a few more mods to beat him. A turbo is not necessary tho. No matter what you do, he'll get you of the line. If he's stock he has 227hp(at the crank)and runs between a 14.4-14.7 1/4mile. With a nicely modded ZE, stock WRX's are fun to run, the look on their faces as you run them down is something you just have to experience.:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well the WRX is turbo... if he does not launch @ 3-4,000 RPMS (and he shouldn't with a 95 WRX with stock gearbox) and he's fairly stock, you should be close.

Those older WRXs have crap gearboxes. They can blow so easily once they increase their torque and power (torque is the main killer of their boxes).

I'd imagine with a rolling start in 2nd gear @ 20MPH you'd do quite well against him.

If our cars had 4WD/RWD and were turbo, they'd most likely be creaming WRXs all day long.

EDIT: Also there's not much more you can do apart from turbo your own car or rebuild it to take higher compression, and or do some porting work etc. Realistically you're going as fast as possible without spending thousands more.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
wat other sort of mods can i do without going turbo?? cheers

A lighter flywheel if you have a mtx. Also an under drive pulley, if you have A/C take off the drive belt. You want your power going to your wheels not turning accessories. Wrap your cai in a DEI heat sheath to help prevent heat soak. Get a MSD and do the HEI and external coil conversion. You have a decat which is good, is your "full stainless" 2.5"? If it's not, it should be. Now if you want power and can put up with some noise, dump either your muffler or resonator, I dumped the muffler, it's a bigger restrictor. One step further is to shorten your exhaust by going side exit in front of the rear passenger wheel. But again, it's a noise vs. power choice. Now if you want to really step out without going forced induction, get a 75 shot of nitrous, Megasquirt and a good tune.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
or sabatoge his car before you start.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
oh yeah, you could get an mx6 with a ZE. that'd be like tossing a fat guy out of your car :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine is a ze lol, with 2.5inch no muffler already, its gotta be about 210-220bhp, coz its only got 60k on the clock. il have a strip out of all unneccassary weight and see how i get on against him, and keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Make sure he gives you your race too. You already know he's going to want go from a dig. Insist on a roll too, from 30mph/48kph should be good.
There's only one way to race...from a 'dig'.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
oh oops, i saw the videos and assumed you were in a probe, plus you have a GT, which there aren't mx6 GT's. still don't get how your'e making 210-220 bhp when your ZE makes 200 at the crank. nothing actually adds power unless you go FI

mine is a ze lol, with 2.5inch no muffler already, its gotta be about 210-220bhp, coz its only got 60k on the clock. il have a strip out of all unneccassary weight and see how i get on against him, and keep you posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes...like get something better than a ZE ;)
I say he steals a 400 big block from a 1st gen Monte Carlo... That'd give him an advantage. :cool:
Might have trouble getting it in the engine bay though...
(Yeah, I'm an idiot. xD)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.