Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha my bad man, i never even thought about that, two totally different companies arnt they. I bet that happens a lot. Im new to this site but i have a lot planned for my 6 and i thought id check it out. ya im a little worried about the cam shaft and the instant boost of hp that nitrous gives as oppose to the constant velocity that a turbo or super provides. But with the 50 shot i should be fine. hopefully anyway. What do u think?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Im not sure if this was meant to be a new thread or just a continuation of your "nos question" one, so I'm going to assume that you didn't intentionally mean to make a new thread with a different title on the same topic.

This is pretty much a no no according to the rules of the site. Since you're new though I'm sure no one is going to be very upset, its a common mistake.

About the naming of your original thread: don't worry too much about it. Alot of the members on this site have become a little anal retentive about the difference between the product and the name of the company, especially since The Fast and The Furious came out.

Sure, its a peeve of many of the members here but nobody cares enough for you to have to go back and change the name of your post, or apologize for calling it Nos. Its not a big deal.

On another note, I've seen guys run 50 shots on pretty much stock motors. The most important thing you remember is to not run lean, leaning out is what destroys motors.

-Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man , i just went out to start my car and it wont start. it was runnin fine last night and i just filled the tank. My starter goes when i turn the key and my batterys fine.. its just that it wont kick over.. every have that happen? outta nowhere it just happened. Im thinkin its my fuel pump mabye. any suggestions

·
Registered
65 Posts
6ish said:
ya im a little worried about the cam shaft and the instant boost of hp that nitrous gives as oppose to the constant velocity that a turbo or super provides. But with the 50 shot i should be fine. hopefully anyway. What do u think?
What about the camshaft?? And the problem isn't with the motor getting a "sudden rush" of power, it's about how much power it can take. And to correct you a little bit, while a turbo will give you constant power (it's always there) you need to wait for the turbo to spool to make power. My civic for example gains about 100 whp from 1.5k rpms to 3.5k. I'd certainly call that a "sudden rush" })

Nitrous is definately the best bang-for-your-buck, and a good friend of mine ran a 50 shot (dry) Zex system in his near-stock MX6 for a while with no problems. I wouldn't suggest doing more then a 75 shot on a stock 6 motor. 50 (wet or dry) on a near stock car, and 75 (wet) on a 6 with supporting mods including an aftermarket clutch(I/H/E BPU). I also would also NOT suggest using nitrous on an automatic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts