Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my car running, after a month long down time due to me stripping the oil feed on my turbo. While it was down, I went ahead and upgraded to a T-bird hybrid and Zombie's chip, and it feels like a whole new car. I love the linear feel of the chip, no more all or nothing torque curve. I'll be back at the 1/8th this friday to get new times. Highly recommend Zombie's chip

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Take it to the dyno! I've cracked pistons twice now, and even with an EGT and a/f gauge reading "okay" I was running just a tiny bit lean. From now on I'm increasing boost the right way, on a dyno so I can watch exactly where my a/f ratio is at.

·
Registered
581 Posts
sounds sweet.. im awaiting buying another vehical for winter so i can remove the ecu and ship it out to zombie.. i all ready have the tbird rebuit waiting..

can t wait!

what kind of guages you got? whats your readings?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods are:

Zombie chip, cone filter, T-bird, Walbro 190, and a Magnaflow that was on the car when I bought it.

Air/Fuel reads rich, but they're not very trustworthy... I'm gonna run outside and pull a plug, make sure I'm not leaning out.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
rebel2k4 said:
Take it to the dyno! I've cracked pistons twice now, and even with an EGT and a/f gauge reading "okay" I was running just a tiny bit lean. From now on I'm increasing boost the right way, on a dyno so I can watch exactly where my a/f ratio is at.
I also recomend doing it the right way, take it do the dyno.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
rebel2k4 said:
I also recomend doing it the right way, take it to the dyno.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
SD6 said:
Mods are:

Zombie chip, cone filter, T-bird, Walbro 190, and a Magnaflow that was on the car when I bought it.

Air/Fuel reads rich, but they're not very trustworthy... I'm gonna run outside and pull a plug, make sure I'm not leaning out.
I wouldnt exactly say plugs are the best way either. My piston cracked but guess what? I'm still running the same plug that it cracked on. It's even tan w/ no speckles or anything..

Zombie as soon as I get my new turbo setup I'm making a road trip. I'm thinking a straight T4 right now but of course I'm still undecided. In the mean time the engine will be rebuilt again and I'm working on finishing up my equal length mani, it'll take a while. Did you get my PM on PT?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts