Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i finally got a chance to install the chip and went for a drive. I noticed that the car feels alot better off boost. I mean it picks up faster and spools up faster. So far so good. So i take it on the highway and boot it. Feels good, now mind you i have been running a little lean before but after zombie's chip i am like 2 bars rich at like 17 psi :E . SO i am happy with that, I did notice one annoying thing though. If i go wot in 3rd or any gear and shift into the next gear there is a hesitation, i mean it feels like the car dies and then it starts pulling again. I tried it a few times and it only does it between shifts, any idea what that could be ? So over all i give the chip and zombie a big :tup: . Now i just have to figure out why it dies between shifts, and no matter how fast or slow i shift, as soon as i get on the gas in the next gear it dies for a sec. Please let me know if you have this problem or have heard of it. I know you are reading this Zombie, please help :( . Now i need to get on the dyno with this chip and like 17 psi. I should be getting closer to the 300 tq mark hopefully

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, its a wierd feeling. I mean even if i shift really fast it basically feels like when i get into the next gear i am not on the throttle all the way, even though i have it at WOT. Not sure what it could be. I will see if it keeps on doing it. so you have never heard of this ? i did a search and didnt really find anyone with the same problem either.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
currently i have my gap at 32, so it should be pretty decent dont your think, or should i invest in some new spark plugs and wires ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
moridin i have the same issue with my car, and i also have the zombie chip, and have had it for about 4 months and this only happens when im flooring it and hitting full boost and shift also, even though i don't know why i really never worried about it, zombiess could you look in your program and see or test this out on someone's car and find what it is and find a solution, i dont know if it's a bad thing or not but a cure would be nice.

·
Registered
387 Posts
only thing i can think of is if you feel a hesitation or a miss is that your blowing out the spark. My car use to do that above 14 psi until i replaced the coil with a blaster coil and gapped my plugs to .032

G

·
ZombieSS said:
only thing i can think of is if you feel a hesitation or a miss is that your blowing out the spark. My car use to do that above 14 psi until i replaced the coil with a blaster coil and gapped my plugs to .032
:tup: My experience as well.

Check your plug leads, chances are, they are getting old and brittle.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Yeah I had the same issues as well. The blaster coil didn't do anything for me though. I no longer have one because I don't believe in them.
I gapped the plugs all the way down to .030 and the skipping went away. It was even missing on a .032 gap. If you still have problems I say you might want to even try a .028.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Invest in a set of iridiums it sounds like the spark is geting blown out at the high boost level you are running, that should fix the problem. Iridiums make it a lot easier for your spark to fire due to the fine electrode remember electricity is lazy, it will always find the easiest way out and if that means not firing then so be it.

G

·
sleepermx6 said:
i've heard nothing but dont use iridiums plugs because either they do nothing for the gt's or the just hurt the gt's somehow with a negative effcet either way, im not touching them.
Your thinking of platinum's.

Iridiums are great for our car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i already have a blaster coil, and the last i checked my plugs were ok, but i will try to get some new ones. Anyone have a part # for the ngk iridiums ? they dont list them for the probe at CT. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i noticed the same hesitation in upper rpm's the last time i went to the track. i guess ill upgrade my whole ignition system after i find a new car to swap my motor into:shrug:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I also had the same problem. You may want to try usung one step colder plugs and gap them down. Mine are gapped to .025 and they are one step colder (NGK), runs great. Nick

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I also had the same problem. You may want to try using one step colder plugs and gap them down. Mine are gapped to .025 and they are one step colder (NGK), runs great. Nick

Sorry about the Re-post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts